Where I’m located
The house is located on the outskirts of the village, between the vineyards and terraces of the back of the Maroggia, on the side of the Retic Alps in mid-Valtellina, halfway between Sondrio and Morbegno.
- Driving from Lecco, pass Morbegno, “La Brace” restaurant on your left, and take your first left on the state street. Go straight towards the mountain, take a right at the first roundabout following Ronco-Ere. You are now on Valeriana street.
- stay at the base of the mountains and at the second traffic circle, take a left, heading uphill.
- at the top of the road, (via del Cavallo), you will find a stop sign, (in front of a small gray house with red shutters). Go up on the left, and then take the road immediately on the right, direction “Monastero – Maroggia”.
- Travel uphill until you see the sign “Maroggia”. Curve and the next curve will bring you to the piazza. Continue straight (keeping the shop on the right and the church on the left) and the last house at the end of the town is the one.
- The closest train stations are: Ardenno-Masino and San Pietro Berbenno.
- From Milan, stazione Centrale (Central station) a regional train in direction Sondrio and/or Tirano will leave every hour or every 2 hours (if not rush hours).
- The B&B is on Via dei Terrazzamenti, and is connected by a ‘lower’ road at sentiero Valtellina, the cycling – walking path at the bottom of the valley.
- The house cannot be reached by public transport.
- Because of a narrowing in the street, smaller/normal size cars can reach the house, while larger cars will need to be parked in the small piazza below the house, only 200 meters away.
- If needed for luggage, I will act as transport for suitcases and clients.